Hi, my name is Matteo. I am a postdoctoral researcher at Deakin University – Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation, and I am passionate about political violence, its causes, its impact on society, and the study of what could prevent it.
I have a PhD in ‘Sociology and Methodology of Social Research’ (2011, Catholic University of Milan), and a second PhD in Political Science at Monash University (2016) on the psychology of violent extremism in Australia.
I use both quantitative and qualitative methods.
I have another blog on Italian politics and right-wing populism: it’s called Fuga dal centro, and it is written in Italian language.
Some of the research that I conducted created public debate and policy discussion. Please see some of the media coverage here:
- The Age, 27/09/2016
- ABC Radio National Drive, 27/09/2016
- Sbs online, 27/09/2016
- SkyNews, 27/09/2016
- Malaysian Digest, 27/09/2016
- Prensa Latina, 27/09/2016
- 3AW, 28/09/2016
- Sbs Italian radio, 28/09/2016
My professional pages:
- Twitter: @teoverga
- Linkedin: au.linkedin.com/pub/matteo-vergani/7/929/400
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=axROSpwAAAAJ&hl=en
- Academia.edu: monashuniversity.academia.edu/MatteoVergani
- ResearchGate: researchgate.net/profile/Matteo_Vergani
- Publons publons.com/author/517118/matteo-vergani
I live in Melbourne, and my email address is: email@example.com